Church of St Marziale
The Church of Sant’Andrea, now called Church of San Marziale, is first documented in the 12th c.; in 1533 it was included in the monastery of San Marziale, which abuts on it on two sides.
The main feature of this Romanesque building is the asymmetrical design of the basilica: two naves separated by arches on thick pillars, the larger of which is provided with an apse, and one small nave on the left side. A real façade is lacking, as the church extends into the area which constituted the nuns’choir. The latter houses a few paintings, among which the “Madonna col Bambino e Santi” (“Madonna and Child with Saints”) by Benedetto Nucci (1553) and the “St Victoria” attributed to Giovanni B. Michelini.